Demand for Proposals 2020
Ladies, Arts & Equitable Personal Change
Deadline to put on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a important part in any technique for social modification. We help Asian American feminine artists and organizations that are women-led NYC which are making use of arts and tradition to:
- Bring transformation that is about social prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical conditions that affect Asian women that are american girls and families, and
- Highlight and promote women’s role that is central leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of these tasks.
In this give period, we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available money. The maximum grant quantity is $15,000. For the description of previous task grants, be sure to go to our site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
PLEASE BE AWARE: Starting this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our dedication to help bold and innovate creative eyesight across all procedures, especially in music, dance, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Launched in 2005, the AWGC is a collaboration of Asian US women in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring change that is about progressive. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to invest in tasks led by Asian US ladies who utilize their imagination to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Whom We Have Been
Started in 2005, the AWGC is really a collective of Asian US ladies in new york that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact change that is progressive. Our company is a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for ladies, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual musicians and community teams whose jobs donate to progressive social and change that is political. Since our founding, we’ve raised and awarded over $1 million meant for over 80 jobs.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and resources that are pool fund jobs led by Asian US ladies who use their imagination to go hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Our goals are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage more folks to buy imaginative jobs by as well as for our communities
- Shine an authentic limelight on our experiences and tales
- Improve modern change that is social
- Improve the visibility of Asian US ladies doing philanthropic work
- This RFP is ready to accept both 501()( that is c) companies and specific musicians
- Artists and collectives which are not 501(c)(3)s must use under a financial sponsor this is certainly a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record to their application whilst the organization that is applying.
- NOTE: Failure to deliver 501()( that is c) documents or even to offer a fiscal sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the application form.
- All creative procedures would be considered, including work that is cross-disciplinary
- Candidates should explain the way they plan to determine and determine effect
- Tasks must:
- Include the arts in a way that is integral
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or central role
- Prove a deep dedication to a particular community in NYC
- Hardly ever, we are going to help a task that includes national impact
- Funds must certanly be placed on projects that are specific cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, capital or endowments
- Candidates could be at any phase inside their jobs but will need to have a history of developed work that shows their ability to complete the project that is proposed handle the funds required
What We Do Not Fund
- Money or endowment campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to handle crises that are financial shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with little to no or no social justice effect
- Documentation that is primarily of social events
- Performances or personalities which do not supply a social modification analysis or justice focus that is social
- Pupil productions or tasks related to a diploma system and credit that is academic
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a quick variety of finalists. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who’ve added to the pool that is grantmaking via ballot. Last grant allocation choices were created because of the Steering Committee and submitted to the financial sponsor, the Ms. Foundation for ladies. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications will likely be evaluated by the AWGC Steering Committee based on:
- The grade of the task concept in terms of change that is social
- The possible effect associated with the task to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable social modification
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a specific community in NYC (noting once again that individuals have hardly ever funded a task which has scope that is national
- The main part of Asian US ladies and girls into the project’s framework that is conceptual design and implementation
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the task and make use of the grant funds efficiently
- Notification of Grant Awards are made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees will likely to be necessary to submit a narrative and report that is financial the finish for the grant 12 months (June 2021)
Simple tips to use
This RFP is administered through the funds portal for the Ms. Foundation for ladies. Applications is going to be accepted ONLY via this process that is online.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please supply a copy of one’s organization’s IRS determination letter that is tax-exempt. If for example the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many present IRS dedication page along side a finalized Memorandum of knowing that establishes sponsorship that is fiscal. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of the social safety or tax status that is personal. We are able to just accept a 501()( that is c) page from your company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Examples and Supplemental Video Application
Work examples and video that is supplemental are optional but motivated. Your projects test should preferably be described as a representation that is current of project’s proposed tasks. ON THE WEB SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples won’t be returned. Be sure to mark your test using the title of one’s company and task.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Url to online video clip, CD or DVD (maximum. Three full minutes in total); please add cue instructions and URL (if sharing online test) in narrative above
- Rough copies or photos or scanned images (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (maximum 10-12 pages) – we shall NOT browse entire scripts, remedies, books etc.
Work examples could be mailed towards the address that is following must certanly be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for ladies
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the following structure:
- Type, make use of font that is 12-point and single-space
- Answer most of the concerns into the purchase detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( maybe perhaps maybe not work that is including if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format