A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a type of picture ID you can make use of to get discounts agreed to Veterans at numerous restaurants, resort hotels, shops, along with other organizations. Determine if you’re qualified to receive a Veteran ID Card—and how exactly to apply.
Am I entitled to a Veteran >
You may meet the requirements in the event that you meet each of certain requirements down the page.
Both these must certanly be real. You:
- Offered on active responsibility, within the Reserves, or in the National Guard (such as the guard that is coast, and
- Received an honorable or basic release (under honorable conditions)
In the event that you received an aside from honorable, bad conduct, or dishonorable character of discharge, you’re perhaps not qualified to receive a Veteran ID Card. Before we approve your application if you have an uncharacterized or unknown discharge status, we’ll have to verify your eligibility.
You’ll need certainly to offer a duplicate of one’s release documents whenever you make an application for a VIC to show your character of discharge.
Please be aware: Retail vendors volunteer to be a part of this discount system. In cases where a company chooses to offer discounts to Veterans, it does not signify we’re recommending or favoring that business.
Just how do I submit an application for a Veteran >
You can https://www.russianbridesfinder.com easily use online now.
You’ll require this information
Once you apply, make sure to have these readily available:
- Your Personal Protection quantity
- A electronic content of one’s DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22 that you could upload. This may be in a .pdf, .jpeg, or .png file structure.
- A duplicate of an ongoing and valid government-issued ID, such as for example a driver’s permit, passport, or state-issued recognition card.
You’ll likewise require a color that is digital of your self through the arms up. The photo should follow all of these requirements:
- Show a complete front view of one’s face and throat (without any cap, mind covering, or headphones addressing or casting shadows on your own hairline or face), and
- Be cropped from your own arms up (just like a passport picture), and
- Explain to you along with your eyes available and a basic phrase, and
- Be studied in clothing wear that is you’d a driver’s permit picture, and
- Be described as a square size while having a white or background that is plain-colorwithout any scenery or any other individuals when you look at the picture), and
- Show everything you seem like now (an image taken sometime within the last ten years), and
- Be uploaded as a .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .tiff file
What goes on once I submit an application for a Veteran >
When you’ve submitted your VIC application, we’ll check your eligibility and verify that:
- Your character of discharge suits eligibility needs, and
- The ID you presented (driver’s permit or passport) is legitimate, and
- The image you’ve plumped for to seem regarding the card satisfies the requirements that are photo
After we’ve verified your eligibility, we’ll send you an e-mail letting you realize the status of one’s application. When you have an unknown or uncharacterized discharge status, the application will require additional time to process although we verify your eligibility. (we might have to request your documents through the nationwide Personnel Records Center.)
From us asking for additional information or evidence to process your application, you’ll need to sign in to AccessVA and update your application with the information we ask for if you receive an email.
Look at the status of the application when you use
You are able to register to your AccessVA account to test the status of your VIC application.Sign directly into your AccessVA account
Substitute your Veteran >
To request a brand new card, please deliver us a contact. E-mail us at email@example.com
Get assistance with the job
Us an email if you have any questions or need help, please send. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about the way the Veteran >
Will my Veteran ID Card change my other armed forces ID cards?
No. Your Veteran ID Card won’t replace your Veteran Health Identification Card or your Department of Defense ID Card.
You should use some of these kinds of ID to obtain the exact exact same discounts:
- A Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC), or
- A Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card—either a typical access card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card, or
- A state-issued driver’s license or ID with a Veterans designation Note: in the event that you have one of these simple, you don’t require a Veteran ID Card, you could nevertheless make an application for it if you’d like.
You can’t make use of your Veteran ID Card to:
- Show your eligibility for almost any federal advantages, or
- Access bases that are military installations, or
- Access military commissaries or exchanges, or
- Present as a kind of recognition in the airport, or
- Look at a VA medical center, or
- Show as proof your your your retirement through the Armed Forces, or
- Show as proof wartime service to obtain a unique permit dish from the Department of cars